Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Honed by Time


Large, black, and round, this beauty, when cradled in my hand completely covers my palm.  Found in a stream bed it is my catalyst. The connection to the Unseen Company that whispers me awake.  Smoothed through an endless process of earth, sand and water, long before we met, this bridge to the Otherworld feels as close as a whisper for which the stone is named.

Smooth, elongated and used in healing work, the stroking stone has been in my care for over 25 years.  When engaged it becomes noticeably warmer than one might expect from merely holding it over a period of time. In tandem we work, then on its own, it begins to cool, signaling practitioner and client that the session is coming to a close.

Lastly, I imagine the stone in the foreground was once jagged like all sea stones are before they're birthed. Slowly ground smooth through years of constant friction, current and storm, sculpted by unseen hands.  In this life it rests content in my lap while I scry or cast the cards for answers. 

Honed by time; honored through our work together; I cannot imagine my hearth or my practice without them.

No comments: